Tip: Resize Your Minecraft Window
- Go to your minecraft folder
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft
- Open up options.txt with your favourite text editor
- Search for overrideWidth and overrideHeight – this is not settable in game but can be changed within this file. This is where you’ll set your dimensions on how big you want Minecraft to open
- If you want to open Minecraft at 720p, the dimensions are 1280×720. If you want to open it at 1080p, the dimensions are 1920×1080.
- So now that you’ve got your dimensions set – everything should be fine and dandy – right? Not quite. Unfortunately, your operating system will add menus and borders around the game which means your game is actually smaller than the size that you set. For Mac, you need to add 22 pixels to the height. For PC, you’ll need to add 16 to width and 38 to height or 1936×1113.