- Run the latest launcher and download 1.6.2
- Go to %appdata%/.minecraft/versions
- Copy the directory named the current version and duplicate it. Rename it to whatever you want. (eg 1.6.2.superawesome.mod)
- Enter new directory and rename the jar and json files to match the directory.
- Open the json file in your preferred text editing program and change:
“id”: “(folder name)“,
- Open up minecraft.jar with a zip editor (eg. 7zip).
- Drag and drop the necessary files into the jar.
- Delete the META-INF folder in the jar.
- Run Minecraft, enjoy!
This Episode of OMGcraft is brought to you by Manpacks—Manly goods, on a schedule. Get started today and have underwear, socks, toiletries, shaving supplies and more, delivered to your door.
Visit manpacks.com/twit and get $10 off your first order of $30 or more or buy a $50 giftcard for $40.